The Dachsteinkönig Kinderhotel in Gosau – a holiday for the whole family
Rated “Four-Star Superior”, the Leading Family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig in Gosau, Upper Austria, lies at the foot of the Dachstein and is a model for other Kinderhotels across Europe. The best Kinderhotels in Austria distinguish themselves by their outstanding family-friendly facilities and are recognised with 5 Kinderhotel Smileys.
Highlights for children:
- Childcare by professional kindergarten teachers: Baby Club (0-1 year), Toddlers Club (1-2 years), Mini Club (3-5 years), Maxi Club (6-11 years), Teenie Club (12-16 years). 7 days a week, 8.00 am – 9.00 pm (Saturdays 9.30 am – 9.00 pm)
- Large 2000 m² indoor play area including cinema and theatre, soft play area over 2 floors, family bowling, gymnasium, indoor go-karts, and much more
- Separate children’s dining room, also used for supervised children’s lunches and dinners
- Huge outdoor area with adventure playground, bouncy castle, children’s driving track and children’s zoo
- Pool area including a family water park, outdoor pool (30°C all year round), children’s indoor pool (35°C all year round), and a 100-metre long tyre water slide
- Beginners’ ski slope for children
Highlights for parents:
- • First-class gourmet cuisine, extensive wine list, family restaurant and vinothek
- Spa including 11 treatment rooms for massage, bathing/cosmetic treatments and Ayurveda
- Sauna complex with six different saunas, panoramic outdoor sauna, quiet room and communication/relaxation areas with juice bar
- Technogym® fitness room with fitness instructors, solarium
- Indoor golf simulator
- Wide range of leisure activities including hiking, mountain biking, climbing, rafting, canyoning and guided Segway tours
- Ski passes and ski lessons bookable directly through the hotel
- Pick-up and drop-off service for children attending ski lessons
- Free hire of prams/buggies and other baby and small children equipment
- Guaranteed underground parking for all cars
All-inclusive family holiday: Everything under one roof. Just the way it should be.
Incredible holidays: The Dachsteinkönig, Godei and his friends
There’s a story behind the Dachsteinkönig, the Dachstein King, who lends his name to our Leading Family Hotel & Resort. According to legend, he cast a spell on pitiless dairymaids up on the mountain pasture who refused to provide rest and refreshment to weary hikers. Only a young man, who had never told a lie, together with his friends - a black bull, a black dog and a black cockerel, can save them.
We've named this brave young man Godei. The strong, black bull is called Toni and the cheeky little dachshund that follows him around is Liesl. Luki, the cockerel, likes to have his say, or rather a loud “cock-a-doodle-doo”. Can Godei and his friends save the day and release the dairymaids from the Dachsteinkönig’s spell?
Young explorers will encounter these heroes all over the Dachsteinkönig Kinderhotel. The incredible landscape at the foot of the Dachstein overlooking the Gosaukamm will ensure your family has a holiday to remember.